If you have a question about registration, please contact Lilly Danzis (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you would like to register after June 3, please email email@example.com to make sure the CFNC application has been opened for the week!
If you took a class in Spring 2021, you are considered a continuing student!
- Continuing students do not have to redo residency verification through RDS.
- Please complete the continuing student registration form (now online!)
- New students, or students who were not enrolled in a Spring 2021 class, must complete the new online application through CFNC. (This includes full-time UNCA Faculty and Staff members using tuition waivers.) Refer to our step-by-step tutorial for this process; be sure to select “Student Type: Distance Education” when you see that question on the application! Please be advised there is a non-refundable $35 application fee.
- You must complete the online residency verification process at www.ncresidency.org to qualify for in-state tuition. This process must be repeated every year. Students who do not complete or update this verification will be billed the out-of-state tuition rate. If you have any questions, about the residency process, please call the RDS Call Center: 844-319-3640.
- If you run into any problems completing the RDS or CFNC, check out our list of Frequently Asked Questions!
Summer 2021 Tuition
All of our Summer classes are 5-weeks (one credit hour.)
- For those who qualify for in-state tuition through www.ncresidency.org, tuition is $158.11 per credit hour.
- Students who are determined to be out-of-state for tuition purposes, or students who fail to complete the Residency Determination Services process, will be billed for out-of-state tuition at $533.85 per credit hour.
After you are enrolled, you will get a confirmation email with information on how to log in and pay via credit card through OnePort, following these instructions.
If you cannot pay by credit card, please send a check made out to “The Great Smokies Writing Program” to Student Accounts:
University of North Carolina Asheville
Student Accounts Office, CPO 1565
1 University Heights
Asheville, NC 28804
If you are a full-time UNCA Faculty or Staff member and you would like to use a tuition waiver to take a Summer class, please complete the tuition waiver application form. The deadline to submit this to HR (firstname.lastname@example.org) is June 18!
Withdrawals & Refunds
Please note that refunds will only be given for cancellations received more than two weeks prior to the first class meeting.
Students who decide to withdraw from a class after it has begun should contact our office immediately by email to email@example.com. Failure to attend class without completing the official withdrawal paperwork before the end of the withdrawal period will result in an F as a final grade.
To ensure that students receive individual attention from the instructor, enrollment is limited. In some courses, the instructor’s permission is required for admission. See course descriptions where applicable.