Please note our application process has changed!
- If you are a continuing student who was enrolled in a Great Smokies class during the Spring or Summer 2019 session, you may fill out the current student registration form
- You do not need to redo the Residency Determination Service (RDS) for the Fall semester
Continuing students may mail their completed form to:
UNC Asheville Academic Success Center
One University Heights, CPO 1570
Asheville, NC 28804
- New students, or students who did not take a class during Spring or Summer 2019, must complete the new online application through CFNC. Refer to our step-by-step tutorial for this process; be sure to select “Student Type: Distance Education” when you see that question on the application! Please be advised there is a $35 application fee.
- You must complete the online residency verification process at www.ncresidency.org to qualify for in-state tuition. This process must be repeated every year. Students who do not complete or update this verification will be billed the out-of-state tuition rate. If you have any questions, about the residency process, please contact Marion Yeager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2019 Tuition
For those who qualify for in-state tuition through www.ncresidency.org, tuition is $157.06 per credit hour. Students who are determined to be out-of-state for tuition purposes, or students who fail to complete the Residency Determination Services process, will be billed for out-of-state tuition at $743.14 per credit hour.
- 5-week classes (1 credit hour): $157.06 in-state, $743.14 out-of-state
- 10-week classes (2 credit hours): $314.12 in-state, $1,486.28 out-of-state
- 15-week classes (3 credit hours): $471.18 in-state, $2,229.42 out-of-state
We are now offering a credit card payment system! After you are enrolled, you will get a confirmation email with information on how to log in and pay through OnePort, following these instructions.
Students who would rather not pay online can mail a check or money order to the Student Accounts Office:
University of North Carolina at Asheville
Student Accounts Office, CPO 1565
One University Heights
Asheville, NC 28804
If you have questions, please contact our Administrative Assistant, Lilly Augspurger at 828.251.6099 or email@example.com.
Withdrawals & Refunds
Please note that refunds will only be given for cancellations received more than two weeks prior to the first class meeting.
For 10-week classes, the withdrawal deadline is October 25. For 15-week classes, the withdrawal deadline is October 21.
Students who decide to withdraw from a class after it has begun should contact our office immediately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to attend class without completing the official withdrawal paperwork before the end of the withdrawal period will result in an F as a final grade.
To ensure that students receive individual attention from the instructor, enrollment is limited. In some courses, the instructor’s permission is required for admission. See course descriptions where applicable.